Pushing the envelope with trendsetting ideas

Pushing the envelope with trendsetting ideas
Elsje Designs creates fun & functional gifts, stationery and table decor with a true South African touch

THE BUZZ

Stay in the know

with our latest designs, special offers and inspirational ideas.

If you want to receive regular eye candy, subscribe to our blog!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

A family affair!
















Our favourite recent wedding was a very special family affair! My nephew, Schalk van der Merwe got married to his Stellenbosch varsity class mate, Huibré Visagie. It was a priviledge for me to be part of this unique wedding. These two engineers, wanted to proudly celebrate their afrikaans roots. Tables were named after family farms, stitched detail with vintage artwork and all the unique object d’art came from Schalk’s family farm, called Telefgraaffontein – lovingly selected by my creative and very organized sister, Seugnet - everything form old books, tiny antique medicine bottles filled with dainty flowers, porcelain plates etc. We had so much fun together, I would do it all over again! This was a day filled with happy memories – boere celebrating in style, making this a day to remember.

Ian Mitchinson, the photographer, said: Huibre and Schalk married recently at in Reibeck West. The area is one of my favourite places to shoot in all of the Western Cape, so I know when I am lucky enough to work there that the possibilities are going to be vast. Also, it helps when you mix it with two stunningly good looking people who are as adventurous as Schalk and Hiubre.

I met Huibre at Café Felix where we shot the preparations, and then my assistant Francois went and captured the guys getting ready. Café Felix too, is such a gem. After the ceremony I shuffled the bride and groom of to Riebeck Kasteel to shoot in the little village there.

I could write for hours about how much I love the Reibeck Kasteel/West area, but hopefully you can get a feel for that in this imagery that I’m proud to say I was lucky enough to capture.

Congrats to both of you Huibre and Schalk, and thanks to Elsje from Elsje Designs for recommending them to come to me for their wedding photography.

No comments: